in the Public Realm
Griffith Observatory

Original Architects
John C. Austin, Frederick M. Ashley
Addition Architect
Pfeiffer Partners
Renovation Architect
Levin & Associates Architects
  • Dedication, 1935
  • Renovation, 2004
There are no podcasts available.
In May of 1931 the Griffith Trust and Los Angeles Park Commissioners selected architects John C. Austin and Frederick M. Ashley to oversee the final plans for the new observatory building. Austin and Ashley hired physicist Edward Kurth to direct the project with Russell W. Porter as consultant.

The dedication and formal opening of Griffith Observatory took place amid much fanfare on May 14, 1935. On that day, the Griffith Trust transferred ownership of the building to the City of Los Angeles;...
Levin & Associates
map not available at this time.
800 East Observatory Road
Los Angeles, CA 90027
United States

Nearby Items
Skolnik House0.8 miles
Ennis House0.9 miles
Blackburn Residence1.1 miles
Los Feliz Residence1.3 miles
Schrage House1.4 miles
Lawrence Gray House1.4 miles
Taggart House1.5 miles