ART
ARCHITECTURE
& HISTORY
in the Public Realm
The Friendship Monument

Artist
Sherman Coleman
Collection
Corpus Christi Public Art Collection
Dates
  • Installed, 1992
There are no podcasts available.
Description
In 1762 Captain Blas Maria de la Garcia Falcon was commissioned by Don Jose de Escandon (the Governer of Nuevo Santander) to establish an outpost and way station named Petronila, five leagues from the Nueces River in the present Nueces County. The Spanish Territory extended from the San Antonio River to the Punuco River near Vera Cruz, Mexico. Captian Falcon establihsed a garrison, explored the coast, Padre Island, Mustang Island, St. Joseph's Island and established a mission to Christianize t...
map not available at this time.
Location
Shoreline Blvd & Lawrence St
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
United States

In a grass median on shoreline about a 1/2 mile from the T-Heads
Nearby Items
Wind in the Sails0.3 miles
Paseo De La Flor0.3 miles
City of Corpus Christi Selena Memorial0.3 miles
Traces of Corpus Christi0.3 miles
Sunrise over Corpus Christi Bay0.3 miles
On Corpus Christi Bay0.3 miles
Corpus Christi Shield0.3 miles