The main building of the Cambridge Public Library is an historic library building at 449 Broadway. Built in 1888, its land and full construction funding were provided by Frederick H. Rindge, a Cambridge native and philanthropist. It was added to the National Historic Register in 1982. A $90 million expansion and renovation of the library, led by the Boston architectural firms William Rawn Associates and Ann Beha Architects, opened on November 8, 2009. The new addition more than triples the square footage of the building, and is the first building in the USA to make use of European Double-Skin Curtainwall technology. During most of the construction, the library collection had been relocated to the Longfellow School.