St. Ann’s Warehouse built its new home in the 1860 Tobacco Warehouse along Brooklyn Bridge Park in DUMBO. Within this much beloved ruin-like brick building, the design celebrates contradiction with discrete yet unexpected materials of glass bricks, black steel and plywood. An overall discrete volume is inserted snugly into the walls on three sides, allowing the historic arched doors and varied windows to remain untouched. The fourth side is occupied by support spaces and community amenities which open onto an intimate triangular park within the warehouse’s walls. A broad circulation hall defines theater and community spaces, and offers flexibility to host events and expand.