Known as the International Toy Center and built in 1909, this hundred-year-old, fourteen-story landmark commercial building once housed dozens of toy manufacturers but had been underused and underappreciated for decades. The original design was heralded for its Neo-Renaissance facade and the U-shaped floors that wrapped a courtyard. A complete restoration and renovation was undertaken by STUDIOS Architecture and completed in 2009. Work included restoration of the ornate exterior envelope, vaulted entries, and a terra cotta-lined courtyard. New architectural elements include a modern, light-filled lobby, landscaped courtyard, roof terraces, and new area on each floor enclosed in a glass curtainwall.