ART
ARCHITECTURE
& HISTORY
in the Public Realm
Drury Inn
slideshow

playing
podcasts
There are no podcasts for this section of the tour.
Sites at this Tour Stop...


Drury Inn

About this Tour Stop...

The building now housing the Drury Inn & Suites has had a long history. Built in 1921, the building was designed by the architecture firm Ayres & Ayres for the San Antonio Public Service Company. It was the first building in the area to treat the river (south) side as a principle elevation, creating a front door that opened on to the river as well as on to the street Originally three floors, the building was added on to in 1927 to reach its present 6 stories. Soon after, the Public Service Company moved into a larger space, so the building became known as the Petroleum Commerce Building.