Original bronze screen of the main gate by Thomas H. Jones Conservation by WallicoMetal & Marble Maintenance. This project called for the conservation and restoration of the architectural bronze screen of the Brooklyn Public Library`s main entrance. The central building of the library, which was designed by architect Raymond F. Almirall, opened on Feb.1 1941. The main entrance was a collaborative effort between Almirall and the sculptors Thomas H. Jones and Carl P. Jennewin who designed the architectural grill and the flanking stone columns, respectively. The 1995 project focused on the conservation of Thomas Jones` bronze screen, which is adorned by fifteen solid bronze medallions and two freestanding owls, gilded in 23K gold leaf.