Sculpted by Lee Lawrie, the large marble figure on the left of the pulpit is St. John the Baptist. Words are written underneath him: "The goodly fellowship of he prophets praise thee." To the right side of the pulpit is the figure Isaiah. Underneath him, words state: "In thy light shall we see light."Lawrie's collaborations with Ralph Adams Cram and Bertram Goodhue brought him to the forefront of architectural sculptors in the United States. German born and Yale educated, he trained on the Columbian Exposition of 1893. He collaborated with many of the famous names of his day on many of the most significant projects. They include Augustus Saint Gaudens and Philip Martiney. He worked on the Nebraska State Capitol and Rockefeller Center where his Atlas is in the Plaza at 50th St.