Brooklyn Bridge Park is now home to an historic and beautifully restored carousel, a gift of Jane and David Walentas. Built in 1922 by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company, the carousel was purchased in 1984 and painstakingly restored to its original condition. Designated as PTC. No. 61, it was originally installed in Idora Park in Youngstown, Ohio, then a prosperous steel-making city.Jane's Carousel is a classic 3-row machine with 48 carved horses and 2 chariots.The carousel is located in the Empire Fulton Ferry section of Brooklyn Bridge Park, housed in a new pavilion, designed by Pritzker-prize winning architect Jean Nouvel. The carousel will be operated year-round for the enjoyment of children of all ages.