Georgian Architectural style.
Philip Embury founded the Methodist Society in 1766. This is the third building on this site. The first building here was Wesley Chapel, in 1768.
This became the First Methodist Episcopal Church of New York in 1784 when the Methodist Episcopal Church as a denomination was formed at Christmas time in Baltimore.
There was a second building which replaced Wesley Chapel in 1818
Replaced by the present building in 1841.
Inc. © 2023