Hope Library was designed by Deborah Berke with Veszey Parrot & Shoulders serving as associate architects. The library is located east of downtown Hope, Indiana and was completed in 1998. Built of iron-spotted bricks, steel-frame windows, and metal awnings, the library`s design complements the nearby First Financial Bank (formerly Irwin Union Bank) designed by Harry Weese in 1958. Rising above the single-story building is a zinc-clad monitor with clerestory windows. Interior finishes include maple paneling, Indiana limestone details, Douglas fir ceiling, and arched laminated timber beams. The library also serves as the community`s civic center. The architect`s fees were paid by the Cummins Foundation Architecture Program.