This building has housed some of the more famous and infamous financial service firms. Originally constructed on the site of Isaac Seligman's original store, the firm bought 4 adjacent lots and constructed the firm's headquarters when they became involved in investment banking after the Civil War. Then it became the headquarters of the Lehman Brothers holdings in 1929. Among the firm amenities was the company dining room which the New York Times rated as the best lunch in the Wall St area in 1979. The building is now owned by Banca Commerciale Italiana who had their architect Gino Valle complete an addition in 1986. Lehman, alas, didn't fare quite as well and collapsed in 2008.